Da Boyz Grand Tournament 2017 9th Age Rules
Army Construction and List Submission
This event uses the 9th Age Fantasy Battles Rules Set. All army books and rules can be found at http://www.the-ninth-age.com/ We are NOT using the “quickstarter” rules. We will use the most recent rules release as of October 1st 2017. Any army or general rules update after that time will not be used. Please download a copy of the rules and your army book before October 1stin cases of changes in the rules set after that date.
You may submit an army of up to 4500 points value. Please indicate on your army list all Paths for Wizards, magic items and other upgrades. There are a number of excellent army builder programs available that work for the 9th Age. However you should independently confirm that the points and stats in that tool are correct for the version of the rules in place as of October 1st 2017.
Sample Army Builders
Quartermaster for iOS (Templates can be googled under Quartermaster Templates) https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/quartermaster-5/id879731050?mt=8#_=_
9th Builder Web based: http://9thbuilder.com/
Army lists should be submitted by October 20th. We will be playing ‘open list’ so bring at least 5 copies of your list to provide to your opponents. This list should include points and stats.
If you have questions about the event please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include 9th Age in your email title)
1. Wood elves are allowed to bring a free forest but this must be a fully painted and appropriately modeled piece of terrain no larger then 6 inches in diameter.
Modeling and Painting Standards
1. We do not require painted models but we strongly encourage it.
- The Ninth Age specifies base sizes in the rules. We expect players to attempt to follow these specifications. A spare empty base can be used if necessary for measurement if your model is mis based under the current rules.
3. Conversions are encouraged but should be clear for your opponent. There should be no “modelling for advantage” If there is some question please email us (with a picture) and we’ll take a look.
4. Proxies should be clear to your opponent in the context of your army. Goblin wolf riders should not be used as orc boar riders for example. If it’s not clear the judges can and will remove it from the table for the rest of the event. Play the list you have the models for.
For the Da Boyz GT we believe that all three parts of being a hobbyist are important – how good of a general you are, how good your army looks and how well you manage to give your opponents a good game. If you attend this event realize we want people who are here to have a great time with others.
There will be multiple award categories:
Best General: Highest total battle points
Best Army: Highest combination of judge and player graded scores for presentation
Best Sports: Highest sportsmanship score
Best Table: See Below
Overall Champion: Highest total score in all three of the above categories.
Painting will be scored by judges using a scoring rubric. We anticipate the typical grand tournament army will receive a score in the 12-14 range with scores capped at a maximum of 25.
Games will be worth up to 20 points each.
Our Sportsmanship will be scored on a binary per game and favorite opponent basis.
Players are welcome to compete for our Best Table award. You will need to bring in a tables worth of scenery and a mat to match. Players will vote for their favorite table in the event arm they are playing in. Please bring a small placard (index card) indicating your name and theme. If you are interested in competing for this award please let us know.